Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lights (sun), Camera (In hand), Action (The Slide)

There's nothing like a weekend spent at the ball park. Great friends, great times, mixed with a drink or two and you've got yourself some serious fun.

My weekend was to be that of only spectation, not playing. But before I got tossed into the game, I managed to get some great action shots of Chicago or Deep Dish, whichever you prefer. lol!

Now I don't slide for the life of me. Not sure what it is, maybe it's cause I'm running to fast to think of sliding and that by the time I do think of it I am already at the bag or simply don't want to turn my leg into hamburger. Or maybe it's because I wear a skirt to play ball. Yes, you read it correctly...I wear a skirt and maybe it's cause I don't want to get "dirt in my skirt". Cause the good lord only knows where the dirt will go. Yikes!

So I enlisted Chicago to do a little demo for us. I used the sports mode on the good ol' camera to capture the how to of sliding.

DAY 41 - How to slide into base

First keep up your speed on reaching the bag. There is nothing more humilitating than coming up short of the bag. Yes, I am speaking from experience thank you very much.



Prepare for the slide, start tucking your inner leg while outstretching outer leg to the base and start to allow your body to go down. But not too hard that you land with a thud. This is usually where I start to think of sliding, but by now, it's too late.



Now that you are on the ground sliding, make sure you have your inner leg tucked nicely under your outer thigh, this will ensure your butt cheek will come out with minor injuries.



Then using your inner leg pop yourself up all in one motion. Sounds easy huh?? It is if you like to slide.



It sounds easy in my mind, but I'm still not convinced sliding is for me. Guess we will see what the season has in store.

Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment