Sunday, December 26, 2010

Solace

You know, I've never understood why Christmas has to come and go so fast? You spend months and months preparing for a day that happens once a year and when it does happen it's over before you know. I guess it's one of those things that makes you "Hmmm?"

But this year Christmas was bittersweet...don't get me wrong, I had a great Christmas because I had both my boys with me, I got to spend Christmas Eve with my dad's side of the family...something I haven't done in almost 5 years! YIKES! And Christmas Day was spent quietly at the farm with only my immediate family, opening presents, laughing and enjoying the time spent. But a dear friend of mine, her Christmas was less than that. Her cousin, her cousin's fiance and infant daughter were involved in a MVA. Baby girl is the only person to survive. Both had passed. When I read Char's Request for Prayer, my heart broke into a million little pieces to think, someone's Christmas a time for laughter and memories will forever be changed. How does one's self or family react to such a devastating event on the most joyful day of the year?

I pray for Char and her family that they find comfort and solace in the coming days in the arms of family and friends; and cherish the memories told and remembered.

Events like this, will make you stop in your tracks and realize the wonderment that lies before you that you may be taking for granted.

Tell the ones you love, you love them; give hugs and take a moment to stop and smell flowers, even if it means you are late for that business meeting.

"If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane; I would walk right up to Heaven, and bring you home again", Author Unknown

Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment